Monday, December 27, 2010

Creating a Collage


It didn't take long to gather items for this collage and I loved every minute of it. Some items were gifts from a dear friend while others were found at resale or antique shops in the Rockford area.  I went for all antique and vintage frames since I like to reuse and refurbish. I paid .29 - .99 cents for the frames and I bought the gray and orange mats at Hobby Lobby at 50% off, costing a total of $40.00. I included pictures of the family since they are the loves of my life.







The mirrors ($2.25 for both) were painted out in charcoal gray.

Andy Warhol quote, using my limited graphic design skills.




Chalkboard from Poska in Rockford

"Mother" poem - I dig the colors!!!!

My abstract creation on burlap.

Dali's - The Face of Mae West. Love it!



Harrison
Daylie
Grae and Family

3 comments:

  1. This looks great Chrissy! And your abstract on burlap is gorgeous! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You have done so much to your place in the past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing it all together- LOVE it!!! You got skills, pretty lady:)

    ReplyDelete