Monday, December 6, 2010

Tattered to Treasured!

It was more of the usual (i.e. stalking craigslist). As a scrolled along, I came across an ad for a "Cabinet - $10". The next ad, "9-Drawer Dresser - $10", listed from the same seller. With lightning speed I contact her saying I am interested in both! Her reply? That I can have the the pair for $10. That is right! BOGO! I call my dad and we are off the next morning for Oregon, IL.

Ok...definitely not love at first sight. Actually, I felt a little sick to my stomach, but then I can't buy myself lunch for $10! Therefore, into the Tahoe it goes!

Scratched and dirty, dull and warped, rusted and chipped - $5
Sanded and shiny, mended and useful, clean and stocked - $100
Usually I try to DIY, but this was way beyond my capability. I make a call and within minutes I deliver the pieces to Brian Rawson of Rawson Custom Woodworking here in Rockford, IL. He did an excellent job. So so happy!




For $105, I now have this awesome cabinet that is stocked with my silver-rimmed tumblers, ice bucket and fixings!

I am working on the overall space, so watch for more to come.  Dresser pics coming soon!

1 comment: